produce more/less than expected

Davide Corio
Hi,
are you aware of an addon that allow the user to produce a different
quantity of product rather than the qty specified before confirming the MO?

I mean, when you finish the production OpenERP asks you to confirm the
quantity, but this changes also the consumed product.

Let's say we produce wine.
We start with quantity X of grapes and produce quantity Y of wine.
The next MO we use a "more productive" grape and we produce Y+10% of
wine, but the qty of raw material remain the same.

In this case i'd like the user to be able to specify, at the end of the
flow, the qty truly produced.

Is this somehow doable?

--
Davide Corio <[hidden email]>

Re: produce more/less than expected

Jean-Charles Drubay
+1

Jean-Charles DRUBAY
Chef de projet / Project Manager
Mobile: +84-(0)909-64-34-69
Office: +84 (0)862-737-605

Email: [hidden email]
Skype: jc.drubay
trobz - Open Source Solutions for the Enterprise
Address: 4th floor, 47/2/57 Bui Dinh Tuy st. , Binh Thanh dist., HCMC
(access map here)
Website: http://www.trobz.com/

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Davide Corio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
are you aware of an addon that allow the user to produce a different quantity of product rather than the qty specified before confirming the MO?

I mean, when you finish the production OpenERP asks you to confirm the quantity, but this changes also the consumed product.

Let's say we produce wine.
We start with quantity X of grapes and produce quantity Y of wine.
The next MO we use a "more productive" grape and we produce Y+10% of wine, but the qty of raw material remain the same.

In this case i'd like the user to be able to specify, at the end of the flow, the qty truly produced.

Is this somehow doable?

--
Davide Corio <[hidden email]>

Re: produce more/less than expected

Martin Collins
On 2013-07-30 00:42, Davide Corio wrote:

> are you aware of an addon that allow the user to produce a different
> quantity of product rather than the qty specified before confirming the MO?

I too faced this issue (I deal with oranges). You can override
mrp_production.action_compute() to fix this. A version is attached. Pass
the raw_product_id and raw_qty in the context.

However, in the end I decided that Manufacturing Orders add far more
complexity than benefits, so now I just create Production Lots directly
with a custom wizard for each type.

Martin

mrp_production.py (2K) Download Attachment

On 30/07/2013 16:40, Martin Collins wrote:
> I too faced this issue (I deal with oranges). You can override
> mrp_production.action_compute() to fix this. A version is attached. Pass
> the raw_product_id and raw_qty in the context.
>
> However, in the end I decided that Manufacturing Orders add far more
> complexity than benefits, so now I just create Production Lots directly
> with a custom wizard for each type.

Thanks Martin,
i think i'm gonna invest some more time on this since it seems that the
95% of the companies would not be able to use the mrp module as-is.

I'll check the mrp modules from Avanzosc and see if they made something
useful.

cheers,
--
Davide Corio <[hidden email]>

Re: produce more/less than expected

Jean-Charles Drubay
Hi Davide,
You will find some interesting comments about the Avanzosc module in the comments of this merge proposal.
Regards,
JC

On 01/08/2013 09:44, Jean-Charles Drubay wrote:
> Hi Davide,
> You will find some interesting comments about the Avanzosc module in the
> comments of this merge proposal.
> https://code.launchpad.net/~avanzosc/openerp-manufacturing/7.0/+merge/147316
> Regards,
> JC